We all eat every day. And by paying a little attention to our
normal meals we can make them a delightful experience.
Here are some simple ideas you may find useful.
- Pay a little extra for the principal element. For breakfast,
buy great, freshly roasted coffee — and grind it yourself. For
lunch, pay a little more for salmon salad rather than tuna.
For dinner, buy free-range poultry or beef.
- Use your best service. Get out and use the China and silverware
you really like and enjoy. Stop saving it for rare special occasions.
Make every occasion special by treating it so.
- Listen to good music. Music is as much a part of a meal as
water is a part of swimming. The only time you can justify
not having beautiful music playing softly in the background
while you’re eating is when you are in the mountains or on
- Don’t read. There is a time for reading, but it is never while
you are eating.
- At some point during the meal, take a moment to think
about how lucky you are to be eating so well.
- Eat slowly. Make each bite a pleasure, each meal memorable.
Use some of these ideas with your next meal and make it a
At Resilient Minds we help our clients to develop a mindset of
long-lasting resilience so they can perform at high levels on the
really important things in both their work and personal lives.
Have a great week.
“Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a
spectacular joy to life and contributes immensely to goodwill
and happy companionship.”
Thought Leaders in Resilience, Productivity, and Wellbeing
Jamie +64 21 772 079
Sign up to our newsletter to get these delivered straight to you.