It also enables us to put time into context and see that the hours invested in finding a new job are very few compared to the many years spent working over a lifetime.
Five tips for staying resilient in the job hunt:
1. Use optimistic language and thoughts in all aspects of the process.
2. Remind yourself there is an employer out there looking for someone with knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are uniquely yours.
3. Keep in mind that every time you’re declined, you’re one application closer to the job that will really engage you.
4. Maximise your power over factors that influence your emotions. Cognitive psychology now proves Eleanor Roosevelt’s belief that, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
5. Put yourself at risk of succeeding. Edison said, “I failed my way to success”. The resilient simply perceive failure as a temporary state of affairs on the road to success.